Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 18, 2011

oh thank you thank you for the conference talk! because i am in a city with
THREE wards, we were able to watch all four sessions of conference this
weekend. saturday and sunday. all i can say is... IT WAS SOOO POWERFULL!!!!!
i remember something a friend of mine told me before i came here. he told me
that conference would be one of my favorite things. he was right. i still
consider it the super bowl of the church of jesus christ of latter day
saints. i learned so much about service, feeling the spirit, obedience,
temple work, how to help investigators, how to prepare for eternity,
overcoming personal challenges, the plan of salvation, diligence, faith and
so so so many more lessons. yup, this conference more than any other by far
has changed me a lot. eight hours of listening to prophets, apostles, music
and the spirit has charged me and i am so fired up to convert the world!

just dropping a quick line to tell you about how much i love the gospel.
holy smokes there are no words to describe my feelings. if someone would
have told me five years ago that i would be where i am today in my love of
the gospel, i don't think i would have believed them. the best part is,
there is so much more.

this last week has been a trial and a half, possibly the most challenging
week of my life. but something i have learned is that the harder the
challenges, the greater the reward. faith is grown through the winds of
adversity. i love the gospel and my new found testimony so much that i say
to the adversity... "LET THE WINDS BLOW!" i know there is more i can become
and i look forward to finding it.

i hope all of you are doing your missionary work, praying with all your
heart, relying on the Lord, accepting challenges, loving those around you
and pressing forward with a perfect brightness of hope, and a cheerful and
happy heart. may the Lord continue to bless you in your efforts to become
perfected by one small step after the other.

with a spring in my step and a smile on my face, we continue our labor in
the vineyard!

sincerely,
sister blum

No comments:

Post a Comment